Polling prerequisite setup checklist
This topic includes a check list of other System Five™ prerequisite options to remember to setup before initial polling run. Companies using the Polling module should also be licensed for departments. The exceptions are for companies using S5Poll.exe for the Standalone WAN feature or for the e-Commerce.
1) You should consider using customer & supplier account numbers. This setup option has System Five™ create unique numbers for customer with a department prefix. While connected to the main dataset (selected in the Login window), select the following in the Navigator menu path Setup Tools> Setup Wizard (advanced mode) > Special Modules> Polling Settings> Account Numbers. The Account Numbers window appears where you check the two check boxes as shown in Figure 1 .
Figure 1: Account Numbers window
2) If payments are to be polled, turn “automatic payment numbers” on. Select the following in the Navigator menu path Setup Tools> Setup Wizard> Special Modules (advanced mode) > Polling Settings> Invoice Number Options. The Invoice Numbers Options window appears where you set the options as shown in Figure 2.
Figure 2: Invoice Number Options window
3) Optionally, adding prefixes for both invoices, payments and purchase orders distinguishes between departments and also provide uniqueness. See #2 above.
4) Check to make sure inventory quantities are tracked for each department. (Should be set on by default). Select the following in the Navigator menu path Setup Tools> Setup Wizard> Departments > Inventory Departments. The Inventory Departments window appears where verify the correct option is selected as shown in Figure 3.
Figure 3: The Inventory Departments window
5a) It is good policy to password protect departments and restrict user access to specific departments. Select the following in the Navigator menu path Setup Tools> Setup Wizard> Departments > Department Names. The Department Names window appears where check the correct Password Protect check box as shown in Figure 4.
Figure 4: The Department Names window
b) Edit your users and grant / restrict access to the appropriate departments. Select the following in the Navigator menu path Setup Tools> Setup Wizard> Users and Security > Names and Passwords. The User Options window appears where you select a user and in the Departments tab you edit each staff member's settings individually as shown in Figure 5.
Figure 5: Specific User Options window
6) If the departments are in different tax areas set the tax codes.
7) Now you can move on to set up the FTP server before setting up the head site where you choose what you are going to export and import and modify the head site active server setup accordingly.